Thursday, December 4, 2008

Boo

.... It's been pretty quiet around these parts lately... Hope I didn't scare you with a new post ;)

We just finished up a couple of weeks of family visits including time spent with Nana and Pepere traveling from Seattle as well as the Kettell family traveling from Massachusetts.  We had a great time and took lots of pictures - I just have to find the time to get them downloaded and organized.  There'll be plenty to share so stay tuned!

In the meantime, Nick and I took a little bit of time the other day to get out in the sunshine and wander across the street to feed our neighbors' chickens.  We've been lucky enough to be the recipients of fresh eggs on a few occasions  - what a treat!  I guess that the chickens like stale bread so we brought over some heals and gave them a snack.  Nick quickly learned that chickens aren't gentle as one practically came through the side of the enclosure and tried to peck a piece of bread right out of his hand.  He stood back a little after that, and had no problem complying with my suggestion of throwing the little pieces of bread on the top of the enclosure where they'd fall to the chickens (or if they didn't the chickens would jump up and grab them).  We had fun :)




No comments: