Monday, October 6, 2008

Seattle: Trip to the zoo

While in Seattle, the boys and I joined Leslie and Zoe for a trip to one of our old favorites, the Woodland Park Zoo up on Phinney Ridge. Nick and I had a membership and would visit often to see the animals and just walk through the beautiful grounds. Way before that, before Nick was around, Greg and I lived in an apartment about 10 blocks north of the zoo and could hear the siamangs and lions early in the mornings... ok, enough with the trip down memory lane and on to the photos...


Tim relaxing and enjoying a snack just before the zoo opened


Nick checking out the lemurs (you can see an orangey brown one in the tree)


Nick very excited about the gorilla in front of him


Nick, Zoe and Les watching the mom and baby gorilla come out


Baby gorilla


Nick and the gorilla family


Nick and the flamingos (he loved hearing that he used to call them "geegos"


Nick checking out his "favorite part of the zoo" (his own words)


Nick in the African Savanna


Snack time!


Proof that Tim was there :)

No comments: