Monday, October 6, 2008
What I've been up to lately...
well, it certainly hasn't been blogging! The boys are doing great, and we'll have more tales of their adventures coming soon. But, this one's about me. Two friends and I decided this spring that it was time to get back in shape after our 2nd kids, and started running together, pushing the jogging strollers with the little ones while the older kids were at preschool. On a whim, (or in a moment of insanity in my case) we decided that we'd run the Maine half-marathon in October, and trained all summer with that goal in mind. Well, race day was finally upon us yesterday, and despite several injuries and illnesses during our training, we all finished in great time! Our primary goal was just to finish the race - 13 miles is definitely a feat in itself for non-runners! Not only did we finish, but we ran the whole way without walking (well, except for a few 5 second water breaks - I still haven't figured out how to run and drink from a cup yet!) and finished in less than 2.5 hours! Not too bad for a few moms who were just walking the mall last winter for exercise! Congrats Jen and Christine on a fabulous run!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Amy, this is great!!!I'm so proud of you. For some reason I thought the race was a couple of weeks off...You all look pretty darned good--I'm glad you survived so well! Congratulations!
Post a Comment