A few weeks back, I missed my 12-miler with the girls when they headed down to MDI for the Bar Harbor 1/2 on the morning that Nick had his first soccer game. So, on Sunday morning, bright and early, I put on my sneaks and headed out the door for a solo long run. It was a beautiful, quiet morning and I couldn't help but wish I could share it with friends. Then, in my caffeine-deprived state, I decided that I would :) Armed with my cell phone camera, I set out to document the trip.
Here we are about 1.5 miles into the run, heading out Western Ave. I love that while we live in a neighborhood, I can be in a much more rural setting in minutes...

Time to dig in heading up the first hill. It doesn't look too bad in this picture but it goes on for a while when you're on foot

This is one of my favorite houses in Hampden. I love this barn....

Approaching Canaan Rd, check out those dudes in the field

They headed up to the road just as I was passing but then took off when they saw me - big turkeys!

Beautiful

The leaves were just starting to turn (they're pretty much in full swing right now)

Pretty little stream

Heading down Sawyer Rd. The trees just keep going

Cool-looking blue berries. Anyone know what they are?

Nice reflection

You can't quite see, but the dew was sparkling in the flowers... just spectacular

Plantation in Georgia? Nope, Hampden

Not sure what happened to my picture of the horrible broken pavement on Kennebec Rd (I swear I will break my ankle there one of these days) but here is the soon to be repaved Mayo Rd - the home stretch!

Fresh pavement - aaaahhhh, so nice for sore feet!

Great job - 12 miles down! Thanks for joining me :)
1 comment:
i'm tired just seeing the pics.
Post a Comment